'We', 'us' and 'our' refer to Solvar Limited (trading as "Solvar"), ACN 117 296 143, Australian Credit Licence 389782 and its related entities and businesses.
1. Our Commitment to Protect Your Privacy
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) and any other relevant law.
2. Personal Information
When we refer to 'personal information' we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you. The personal information we hold about you may also include credit information.
'Credit information' is information which is used to assess your eligibility to be provided with finance and will generally include the type and amount of credit provided to you, repayment history information, default information (including overdue payments) and court information. Usually, credit information is exchanged between credit and finance providers and credit reporting bodies.
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include your name, date of birth, address, account details, occupation, and any other information we made need to identify you.
If you are applying for finance, we may also collect the ages and number of your dependants and cohabitants, the length of time at your current address, your employment details and proof of earnings and expenses.
3. Why We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect, hold and use your personal information for various purposes, including:
- to assess your application for finance and manage that finance;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- for marketing purposes, including to offer you other products and services;
- to improve our level of service; and
- for training and quality assurance purposes.
To enable us to maintain a successful business relationship with you, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us. We may also disclose personal information to any other organisation that may have or is considering having an interest in your finance, or in our business.
4. How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you, including when you interact with us over the phone and via email or when you submit an application with us. We may also collect your personal information from third parties where required. This may include your personal information from credit reporting bodies, finance brokers and other people such as accountants and lawyers.
5. Information from third parties
Our website may contains links to the websites of third party providers of goods and services. If you have accessed Third Party websites through our website and if those third parties collect information about you, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties
Where you access a Third Party website from our website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party.
We use 'cookies' to provide you with better and more customised service and with a more effective website.
A 'cookie' is a small text file placed on your computer by our web page server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our webpage servers. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your internet browser.
- to allocate a unique number to your internet browsers;
- to customise our website for you;
- for statistical purposes;
- to identify if you have accessed a Third Party Website; and
- for security purposes.
7. IP addresses
Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet.
It may be necessary for us to collect your IP address for your interaction with various parts of our website.
8. Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to finance brokers, mortgage managers and other persons who assist us to provide our products to you;
- to anyone who represents you, such as financial consultants, accountants, lawyers and advisers;
- to credit reporting bodies in Australia and New Zealand including Equifax, illion and Experian to collect overdue payments from you or otherwise provide your personal information to an external agency for the purposes of collecting overdue payments from you;
- to third parties, including but not limited to our related bodies such as Money3 Loans Pty Ltd, Go Car Finance Limited and Automotive Financial Services Pty Limited. By agreeing to apply for a loan, you are deemed to have consented to us providing your details to third parties.
- to prospective funders or other intermediaries in relation to your finance requirements, including information about your account, credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity. In particular, we may provide an "opinion" on you;
- to other organisations that are involved in managing or administering your finance such as third party suppliers, printing and postal services, call centres, lenders mortgage insurers, trade insurers and credit reporting bodies;
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
- to any of our associates, related entities or contractors, including but not limited to Money3 Loans Pty Ltd, Go Car Finance Limited and Automotive Financial Services Pty Limited;
- to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to anyone, where you have provided us consent including in order to disclose any report or personal information about you in connection with funding financial accommodation by means of an arrangement involving securitisation, or any other proposed transfer or dealing of credit provided to you;
- to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guarantees repayment of any credit provided to you;
- to any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding the approval or management of your loan – for example if a complaint is lodged about us or the lender;
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth);
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business;
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us; or
- to your employer, referees, listed contacts or identity verification services to verify information you have provided.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
- the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment, or
- you have consented to us making the disclosure.
9. Holding and Security of Personal Information
We may hold your personal information, including credit information, in both physical and electronic copies including via cloud storage. In some cases, the cloud storage and IT servers may be located outside Australia.
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
10. Credit Information
We may collect the following kinds of credit information and exchange this information with credit reporting bodies and other entities including (without limitation) Money3 Loans Pty Ltd, Go Car Finance Limited and Automotive Financial Services Pty Limited for the purposes of assessing your credit application:
- credit liability information being information about your existing finance which includes the name of the credit provider, whether the credit provider holds an Australian Credit Licence, the type of finance, the day the finance is entered into, the terms and conditions of the finance, the maximum amount of finance available, and the day on which the finance was terminated;
- repayment history information which is information about whether you meet your repayments on time;
- bank statements;
- information about the type of finance that you are applying for;
- default and payment information; and
- court proceedings information.
When we obtain credit information from a credit reporting body about you, we may also seek publicly available information and information about any serious credit infringement that you may have committed.
11. Cross-border Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your credit information to overseas entities in New Zealand and the Philippines that provide support functions to us. We may also disclose your information to overseas recipients for analytical and business purposes. You may obtain more information about such cross-border disclosures by contacting us via the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
12. Notifiable Matters
We exchange your credit information with credit reporting bodies to assess your creditworthiness, and thereby assess your application for finance and manage your finance moving forward.
If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to any finance that we have provided or arranged, or you have committed a serious credit infringement then we may disclose this information to a credit reporting body.
You have the right to request access to the credit information that we hold about you and make a request for us to correct that credit information if needed. Please see the heading "Access and Correction to your Personal and Credit Information" below.
Sometimes your credit information will be used by credit reporting bodies for the purposes of 'pre-screening' credit offers on the request of other credit providers. You can contact the credit reporting body at any time to request that your credit information is not used in this way.
You may also contact the credit reporting body to advise them that you believe that you may have been a victim of fraud. For a period of 21 days after the credit reporting body receives your notification the credit reporting body must not use or disclose that credit information. You can contact any of the following credit reporting bodies, which we interact with, for more information:
13. Direct Marketing
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about finance, offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by telephoning us on 1300 329 131 or by writing to us at Level 1, 40 Graduate Rd, Bundoora VIC 3083.
If the marketing communication is by email or text, you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
By using the unsubscribe function, you will only unsubscribe from direct marketing from the entity / brand who sent you the communication and to that method of delivery. Please let us know if you would like to unsubscribe from all direct marketing from Solvar and related entities. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
14. Access and Correction of your Personal Information
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time. We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you. We will endeavour to respond to you within seven days of receiving your request, noting that we may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.
In limited situations we may not comply with your request for access to your personal information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation will be provided if we deny you access.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate, or out of date you may request that we correct the information. If appropriate we will correct the personal information at the time of the request otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal information within 30 days.
We may need to consult with other finance providers or credit reporting bodies or entities as part of our investigation. If we refuse to correct personal information, we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
15. Using Government Identifiers
If we collect 'government related identifiers' such as your Medicare number, tax file number, driver's licence number or Australian passport number, we do not use or disclose this information other than as required by law or where it is reasonably necessary to verify your identity in order to provide our services.
16. Business Without Identifying You
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
17. Sensitive Information
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. Sensitive information is personal information that includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
18. How Safe and Secure is your Personal Information that we Hold?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or believed that we breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Act, you may contact our complaints team on 1300 329 131, by submitting the complaint online at www.solvar.com.au/contact/contact-us or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge your complaint within 1 business day and will endeavour to provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days. If your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner:
For all other complaints, if we do not resolve your complaint, you may refer the complaint to our external dispute resolution provider:
20. Further Information
If you have a question or concern in relation to this policy or how we handle and manage your personal information, please contact us on:
|1300 329 131
|Attn: Privacy Officer
Level 1, 40 Graduate Road, Bundoora VIC 3083
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.
This information is provided by Solvar Limited and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, Solvar Limited gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or the completeness of the material. Any reliance the user places on such information is therefore strictly at their own risk.
Solvar Limited reserves the right at any time to make changes, as it deems appropriate.